Congrats to Asheville Grown and its groundbreaking Go Local discount card program. With $15,000 worth of 2013 cards sold and $5,000 in expenses, local schools will receive $10,000 from sales of the 2013 card alone.
Congrats to all for a successful program. From Asheville Grown’s post today:
So far this year, we have raised on incredible $10,000 for our public schools and we are thrilled to be able to expand this program to include additional organizations dedicated to the future of our children and the health of our local community.
Starting in February, for 2 months, you can designate $5 of every online purchase of the 2013 Go Local Card to one of 5 local non-profits. Each organization was selected to receive the proceeds because of specific programs they have developed in conjunction with our public schools.
- Leaf in Schools and Streets: hands-on workshops, residencies, interactive performances and mentoring
- Our Voice: Climbing towards Confidence, an after-school rock-climbing program for girls
- FEAST/ Slow Food Asheville: providing quality, local foods for our schools and our children
- NC Stage: acting classes in after-school programs
- ARP/ RHA Prevention: yoga classes in after-school programs
Francine Delany New School for Children and ArtSpace, two charter schools serving our community, have also been selected as recipients. Additionally, the option to donate $5 of your purchase to our public schools remains.
Read the full post here.
Get your own card here.
Category: Asheville business